Food Bullying Podcast
Today on the Food Bullying podcast, Michele & Eliz talk about an interesting topic that many people have different views on, weight loss. Lisa Baker-King shares her health and wellness journey.
She has worked at the intersection of sales, marketing and operations for over 25 years. She’s a self-described rule-breaker. Lisa began a fitness journey in 2015 after the publication of her children’s book “The Zealous Zebecs from the Midnight Ocean’s Zenith.” Seeing herself living large on the national TV screen was the kick in the butt she needed to transform her life from inside out and she did. Lisa tells us all about her weight loss journey, how she experienced food bullying, and shares some pointers.
Our bodies are different and you don’t have to follow a particular weight loss journey just because it works for someone else. It’s important to go with what works for you and your body.
- Lessons from a health & wellness journey
- Popular myths people that people believe in weight loss & fitness
- How a tribe can change as a person changes
02:38: Lisa’s introduction
04:15: Lisa’s turning point
05:52: The health scare
08:40: The Facebook troll
13:21: Making the hard decisions
22:59: Lisa’s view on GMOs
- “Don’t let the stress about having the right food ruin your health.”
- “Don’t assign an emotional value to the scale or to the food that you’re eating.”
- “Our bodies are all different. We’re not cookie cutter versions of the same exact person.”
- “Sometimes subtle pushback you get when you make a decision to transform. “
- “Don’t go for labels, unless they are on sale.”
Links to Check Out:
Lisa’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Bullying: How to Avoid Buying BS by Michele Payn