Are you ready to have a different conversation around farm & food?
Do you need new tools to discuss hormones, chemicals, sustainability, animal welfare, antibiotics, GMOs, and other emotional issues impacting the food conversation? "Table Talk" is a customized training that will equip you to have smarter conversations around farm and food. Certified Speaking Professional Michele Payn has developed a two-day intensive program for a small group. Table Talk is designed to be casual and personal to help farmers, dietitians, ag folks, Extension staff, or scientists who really want to take their efforts to a new level.
You'll get personal coaching, a dozen hours of interactive training with case studies, two of Michele's books, personalized feedback, and answers to your burning questions. You will:
- Take home an action plan built for you and your situation.
- Grow confidence in your own ability to connect agriculture, science, and food.
- Be better equipped to have the conversation around the toughest issues facing farm and food.
- Learn ways to go beyond the choir by understanding the neuroscience and psychology of battling misinformation with people who think differently than you.
- Gain insight from consumers and asking questions around the table.
Join Michele at the table: you will be challenged by her 20+ years of experience in this arena and walk away empowered with a different understanding of the conversation. And you'll likely meet some amazing people from across the country who will deepen your perspective about agriculture and food.
Day 1, October 5
11:30 a.m. Welcome to the Table
12:30 p.m. Networking lunch with consumer insight (included)
2:30-5:30 p.m. Tailoring Table Talk (who are you reaching, what issues matter, how to meet in the middle, etc.)
5:30-6:00 p.m. Burning questions & review
6:30 p.m. Casual Dinner (not included)
Day 2, October 6
8:30 a.m. Tools at the Table
10:00 a.m. Tailoring Table Talk: building personal action plans to take home
12:00-1:00 p.m. Working lunch (included)
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Taking Table Talk Home
2:00 p.m. Departure
What you need to know beforehand....
- Make travel plans to Harrisonburg and we will send you hotel information upon registration.
- You will be asked to complete a questionnaire beforehand to help Michele shape the training. This is an essential tool to be sure she meets your needs and will also help frame the agenda.
- The training will be held in the Extension office in Harrisonburg. We will send you details on the facility later. Breaks will be taken as needed, but keep in mind this is an intensive program requiring you to be mentally present.
- Michele will also set up a coaching call with you beforehand, and another session within 45 days following the workshop.
- Registration for Table Talk is $450 for the complete package if you register before September 15. Registration will increase to $500 after September 18, so register today! You are welcome to find scholarships or sponsorships from organizations to fund your registration. $75 discounts are available for organizations sending two or more participants.
- Lunch, snacks and beverages are included in the registration fee. We will enjoy a casual dinner as a group on the first evening, which is not included in the registration.
- Please be sure your correct email is used in the PayPal registration and make note of any dietary restrictions. If you are a sponsoring organization registering for another person, add the registrant's name in notes, as well as their e-mail.
- Thanks for coming to the table; Michele is excited to see what you can accomplish in moving the farm and food conversation to a different level!