Food. Health. Your questions brought to life. Laughter and real conversation. Answers to help you make eating choices with less stress.
Are others making you feel guilty about your food choices? In this NEW Food Bullying podcast, Michele and Eliz talk about the $5.75 trillion secret that food marketers and celebrity spokespeople don’t want you to know. Each episode is filled with tangible ideas on how you may have been bullied, why it impacts your wellness, and how to overcome food bullying. Michele and Eliz are known for their humorous, real-life debates about food, health and the stress associated with each. You'll get oh-so candid conversation from two moms who have unique insight on food, experts who will upend your thinking, and how eating choices effect your health. This podcast that will help you navigate grocery store aisles, menus, and those sticky conversations with friends or family.
Latest Podcast Episodes
A Look Ahead at Season 2 & 3
Why does food bullying matter? Topics planned for season two, releasing 11/12:
- Removing the fear in food & nutrition
- Bullying of people living in food insecurity
- How bullying impacts family farms internationally
- Elected official's perspective on food bullying
- Neuromarketing in eating choices
- Farmer insight on how choices have been limited in production
- A look at social science in eating choices
- Ways to identify B.S. (Bull Speak) in your food
- Wellness of the body and brain
What you'll hear on the podcast:
- Experts in dietetics, food, neuroscience, farming, psychology, mental health, wellness, agriculture, marketing, and food science.
- Answers to the most common questions around food - without judgment.
- Tools to battle bullying found in the 200,000+ label claims found in a grocery store.
- Ideas for creating your own social, ethical, environmental, and health standards when making eating decisions.
Meet the Hosts
Known as one of the leading voices in connecting farm and food, Michele helps you simplify safe food choices while understanding food bullying. An international award winning author, she brings common sense to the overly emotional food conversation and gets perspective from the cows in her front yard. Michele is a mom who is tired of the guilt trips around food, so she wrote Food Bullying: How to Avoiding Buying B.S. She’s also a kick boxing professional speaker who has helped thousands of people understand the real story behind food. Michele’s work has appeared in USA Today, Food Insight, CNN, Food & Nutrition Magazine, NPR and many other media outlets. Armed with science, compelling stories, and a lifetime on the farm, Michele will upend the way you think about food. She is also the author of No More Food Fights! and Food Truths from Farm to Table, an IPPY award winner in health, medicine and nutrition.
Surviving a heart attack at age 35 while seven months pregnant with twins propelled Eliz Greene on a mission to share her story to inspire other busy people to pay attention to their health. As a professional speaker, she shares down-to-earth strategies on wellness, leadership, and stress management. Recognizing stress as an essential and often under-addressed risk factor, Eliz conducted a research study on job stress and is writing Stress-Proof Your Life. She was named as a Top Online Influencer on Stress and Heart Health. She’s been seen on CNN, PBS, Lifetime, TNT, and many national and local news programs. A national spokesperson and advocate for the American Heart Association, Eliz received the Heart Hero Award in 2010. More recently, she has partnered on the Take Cholesterol To Heart campaign. Eliz writes a Top Health and Wellness Blog and has also authored Stress-Proof Your Heart and Busy Women's Guide to a Healthy Heart.