Leveraging the Trust Invested in Farmers
Feel like consumers don't understand where their food comes from? Frustrated by the way agriculture is portrayed in the media? Wondering why legislators don’t seem to value the agrifood business? Agricultural advocacy isn’t about the “warm fuzzies” – it’s about protecting our bottom line. This program will help leverage the trust invested in farmers and give participants 6.5 easy-to-remember tools to take back to members.
Michele founded Cause Matters Corp. to give a voice to the people who feed the world - and this is her signature presentation. Re-inspire staff members to help defend the trust consumers have invested in agriculture. Brainstorm ideas about how to more effectively connect agriculture with consumers, the media, teachers and politicians who are generations removed from our industry!
- Proven tools to stand up, step out and "sell" our cause
- Understanding hot buttons and why they're so important to our cause
- How to successfully influence consumer, political and media groups
- Impact of environmental, animal welfare, anti-technology and other activist groups speaking out against agriculture
"You have a special gift to inspire others to champion their cause. I went home and shared your message with my family and friends!"
- Judy Isaacson, Iowa State University Extension
Not only will her lifelong passion and background in agriculture keep your audience on the edge of their seats, Michele's interactive style will get them out of their seats and talking about their experiences! This workshop is a great way to excite your audience about new and innovative ways they can use to proactively speak out for agriculture.
Objectives: (will vary depending upon timeframe)
- Evaluate agriculture's failures and successes in telling our story
- Learn from case studies of anti-ag activist groups
- Complete a personal action plan that can be used with your members
- Share agricultural advocacy ideas with other organizations
- Receive resource list to help you and your members have the arsenal to proactively fight back for agrifood business
"The person who says food is safe is at least as important as the facts being communicated. Consumers rank farmers as the most credible on animal care issues" — Iowa State University Sociological Research
Celebrating Agriculture, Authentically Agriculture, and Farm Like a Girl are keynotes that will inspire your meeting attendees to take action with the tools they learn in this program.
Connect with Michele today!
Contact Michele to learn more about her keynotes, training, consulting, or writing. You can also check out Cause Matters Corp. in the media or connect with @mpaynspeaker throughout social media.