Michele’s “Take Food Bullying By the Horns” presentation was perfect for our annual conference. Through our work, we interact with consumers on all levels of agriculture education and awareness. Michele’s research provided the tips and tools we need to make sure agriculture’s voice is heard. Michele was wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process and was accommodating when we had to make the decision to shift to a virtual conference. She diligently prepared her presentation to ensure she understood our needs and met our expectations of her speaking engagement!"
- North American Agricultural Marketing Officials
We really enjoyed having Michele at our event, and the attendees were ecstatic to meet and hear from her. Anecdotally, several people I know shared with me how moved they were by her remarks and it really gave them food for thought, for lack of a better expression!"
- Michelle DeArmond, County of Riverside Economic Development
Michele was recently our keynote speaker at the 2020 National Association of County Agricultural Agents Annual Meeting and Professional Improvement Conference and she hit a home run with her “Take Food Bullying by the Horns.” presentation. Michele thoroughly engaged the audience with a thought provoking discussion that helped make the connection between science and human emotions when it comes tackling some of the thorny issues facing agriculture. She provided a number of tips for engaging the public on controversial misconceptions about food and agriculture. Her energy and enthusiasm was well received by attendees and I have had a number of very favorable comments commending the Board for having Michele on the program. If you are looking for dynamic thought provoking speaker on agriculture and food related issues, you need look no further."
- Gene McAvoy, NACAA President
Thanks for the highly motivational and passionate presentation! You inspired everyone at the conference!"
- Clinton Monchuk, Farm & Food Care Farms at the Table Conference, Saskatoon
I have been attending conferences and seminars in the food processing industry for nearly 30 years. Michele’s recent talk at the Apple Processors Association (APA) is in the top two or three presentations I have heard. She was challenging, thought provoking and up-to-date on the issues relevant to our business. During the networking functions, our attendees even talked about getting Michele back to cover additional subjects that the schedule didn’t allow. It was the first time I have heard our membership say that about a speaker. A word of caution: if you just want to hear a pep talk, don’t ask her to speak. She tells it like it is and isn’t hesitant to let you know what you need to do to move forward, even if it challenges status quo."
- Tim Proctor, White House Foods & APA Chairman
Michele, you have a valuable message that got us out of our comfort zones."
- Susan Furner, Utah Farm Bureau
Michele's enthusiasm teamed with her knowledge and fair experience proved to be a winning combination for the Cyber Seminar Series. We look forward to working on future projects."
- Lori Hart, Director of Education and Member Services, International Association of Fairs and Expositions
Thank you for an outstanding presentation at the Great Lakes Expo's banquet program. You easily connected with our group. Your encouraging message to celebrate agriculture by stepping out and telling our story was a fitting capstone for the evening's program."
- Dave Smith, Executive Director, Michigan Vegetable Council
With Michele's guidance, our science community learned to make their science meaningful on a personal level. Thanks to Michele we are better prepared to have important conversations about agriculture and science."
- Kari Doerksen, Director of Business Development, Genome Prairie
Michele brings a dynamic and exciting presence to her workshops. Running the gambit of Agvocacy to Social Media Training her workshops will help everyone from the novice to the expert in developing their messaging and building a platform."
- Todd Martin, Executive Director & CEO, Independent Professional Seed Association
The Agri-Business Council of Oregon hired Michele to present a keynote speech at our Annual Membership Meeting, as well as to facilitate a fundraising workshop with my Board of Directors. She did a fantastic job connecting with both audiences in a way that was entertaining, educational and functional. Her passion for agriculture is true to her heart, and you can see how much it means to her when she speaks. She was worth every penny."
- Geoff Horning, Agri-Business Council of Oregon
Your "Celebrating Agriculture" presentation was very well received. Participants certainly benefitted from your experience to become a source of information to educate friends, neighbors, consumers, etc. about farming and speak up for the industry. Building relationships - one hour, once a week to champion agriculture was a great message to leave the group with. Your presentation was educational and informative!"
- Dianne Driessen, COGA, British Columbia, Canada
Michele Payn has been a partner with Pink Tractor since the beginning. From strategic planning to content recommendations, Michele is always on the cutting edge of what is happening in the world, especially in the world of agriculture. Pink Tractor has grown and evolved through the years with the help of Michele’s insights and connections in the industry. We look forward to continuing to grow along with her, as she brings her advocating expertise to our readers through consulting and guest blogging."
- Amy Grammer, Pink Tractor
Michele’s keynote rocked the room! There was laughter, quiet moments, audience participation and interaction – including real-time text responses to her questions. We had 500 young farmers leave feeling inspired to advocate for their livelihood, better equipped to do the job, and feeling pretty darn good to be an important part of agriculture! She's even more interactive with smaller groups, and has helped me design projects such as interviewing consumers about food production and understanding activists’ tactics. Leaders are amazed at the difference between where they started –"educate consumers" – to creating action plans that make true connections from Michele’s training."
- Mary Foley Balvanz, Iowa Farm Bureau
Michele was Alpha Zeta's keynote speaker at the National Agricultural Leadership Conference and also presented a workshop to the attendees. She did a phenomenal job. Not only was she engaging in her presentation style, but she also presented great information and ideas on how Alpha Zeta members can improve the perception of agriculture in a way that resonated with the students. Alpha Zeta hasn't had a speaker like that in quite awhile."
- Brian Reuwee, Drake & Associates
Michele’s presentations “Championing Agriculture” and “Responding to the Rhetoric: Overcoming Activist Claims” were the highlight of our National Corn Grower's Association (NCGA) meeting. Many of our attendees, which included state association staff and grower recruiters, came away from the meeting impressed and energetic about their industry. The six and one-half points to remember when championing agriculture resonated very well and are used by our attendees in their membership recruitment and community relations efforts."
- Byron Keelin
The exercises that Michele had us do, interviewing strangers and building bridges with food, helped us all get over some of our self-consciousness."
- Minnesota Farmer
Wow! Dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic right on target, and exemplary are just a few ways to describe Michele and her talents. The custom designed workshops and general session that Michele provided were incredible."
- Dan Durheim, American Farm Bureau Federation
It is rare to have a person customize their efforts to our precise needs the way you do...I would have to recommend you to anyone that is really serious about strengthening his or her customer skills work with you. Your ability to identify needs and help a staff develop their own solutions is the best I have seen."
- Dan Lauwers, Eastern Michigan Grain
Thank you for touching our hearts, opening our minds and literally letting us kick up our heels."
- Wisconsin Association of Fairs
You have a special gift to inspire others to champion their cause. I went home and shared your message with my family and friends!"
- Judy Isaacson, Iowa State University Extension
Partial Client List
- AgChoice Farm Credit
- Agriculture Future of America
- AgStar Financial Services, ACA
- Alabama Farmers Federation
- Alberta Milk
- Alpha Zeta
- American Agri-Women
- American Angus
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- American Soybean Association
- Apple Processors Association
- Arizona Dairy Nutrition Conference
- Canadian Farm Business Management Council
- CHOICES: Food, Health & Collaboration
- CNFA/USAID Ukraine
- Commodity Classic
- Dairy & Nutrition Council of Indiana Dietitians Summit
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Elanco Animal Health
- Farm Credit Council of America
- Farm & Food Care
- Genome Prairie
- Great Lakes Fruit & Vegetable Expo
- Idaho Ag Summit
- Indiana Crop Improvement Association
- Indiana Dietetic Association
- Indiana State Department of Agriculture
- International Food Information Council
- International Association of Fairs & Expos
- Iowa Farm Bureau
- Lely North America
- Manitoba Canola Growers
- MFA, Inc
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Michigan Society of Association Executives
- Michigan State University
- Mid-America CropLife Association
- Midwest Pork Expo
- Milk Promotion Services of Indiana
- Minnesota Agri-Growth Council
- Missouri Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Montana Nutrition
- MUCIA Egypt
- National Agricultural Collegiate Teachers Association
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- National Corn Growers Association
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- National FFA Alumni Association
- National Hog Farmer
- National Milk Producers Association
- National Onion Association
- National Pork Board
- Nationwide Insurance
- Nebraska Farm Bureau
- New Mexico Women in Agriculture
- New York State Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- North American Agricultural Marketing Officials
- Northwest Farm Credit
- Nutra Blend
- Oklahoma Women in Agriculture & Small Business
- Ontario Agri-Food Education
- Oregon Agribusiness Council
- Penn-State University
- Pink Tractor
- Pioneer Co-op
- Purdue University
- Rabo AgriFinance
- Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- Saskatchewan Soil Conservation Association
- South Carolina Farm Bureau
- South Carolina Soybean Board
- South Dakota Agri Business Association
- Texas Corn Growers
- Today's Dietitian
- Tourism Indiana
- Tremont Group
- United Soybean Board
- University of Idaho
- Utah Farm Bureau
- U.S. Grains Council
- Valent USA
- Washington State Hay Growers Association
- Western Fairs Association
- Western Plant Health
- Wisconsin Association of Fairs
- Wisconsin Dietetic Association
- Women in Agribusiness
- World Dairy Expo
- Wyoming Farm Bureau
Client Disclosure Policy: This is a partial listing of the clients Cause Matters Corp. has worked with since 2001. Michele Payn's expertise and passion comes from firsthand experience and extensive research; she does not accept payment from any company or organization to support a particular position or product. Cause Matters Corp. chooses consulting projects based on alignment with Michele's goals around connecting the people and science of farm and food.