Agriculture Keynotes, Conference Breakouts & Training Workshops
Capture the spirit of agriculture with an expert speaker who has inspired thousands of people to create a different story around food and agriculture. Michele's speaking programs leave audiences energized and thinking weeks after your conference. It's true that she kickboxes, convinces 65 year-old farmers to get on Instagram, believes in antagonizing people into action, and moves hearts to change minds.
- Mental Health Help: Are you concerned about yourself or a loved one? This page has a variety of tools to help with mental health issues, including phone numbers to call and apps to help protect your own health.
- Top Farm, Nutrition & Health Podcasts: Listen in for science-based information about how your food is grown, diet or well ness expertise.
- Farm & Ranch Blogs: Are you a food consumer, foodie, mom or chef looking for information about where your food is grown? Take a look at these blogs by farmers and ranchers.
- Agricultural Blogs: Perspective from those working and living in agriculture about the business of raising food, fuel, feed and fiber. Contact Michele to request to add yours.
- Speaking Out for Agriculture: Need inspiration from others building food literacy? These will offer ideas to help you more effectively communicate why agriculture matters.
- Advocacy for Farmers, Agricultural Organizations: Perspective on why advocacy matters for farms, agriculture and nutrition - plus Michele's 6.5 step action plan to connecting your cause.
- Gate to Plate: A Farm & Food Blog: Designed to connect people across the food plate, particularly farmers, scientists and those who eat. Michele and guest bloggers pen commentary about life on the farm, key agriculture issues, food facts and social media. Learn why it's a cause that matters if you eat, wear clothes, believe in food security or want fuel from your own country.
- Food & Nutrition Blogs: List of registered dietitian, professional nutrition and food science blogs.
- Science Blogs: List of food and agriculture science blogs.
Are others making you feel guilty about your food choices? This book reveals the $5.75 trillion secret that food marketers and celebrity spokespeople don’t want you to know. What if the claims about the food you’ve been led to believe is superior are actually B.S. (bull speak)? Food has become a battleground where marketing labels and misinformation is used to bully and demonize people around their eating choices. This startling look at the misrepresentation of food sheds light on bogus nutrition and environmental claims to help you recognize bullies and defend your food choices. More about Food Bullying...
Food Truths from Farm to Table
Don't believe everything you’re being told about food—most of it is highly misleading or completely untrue. This IPPY bronze medal book identifies marketing half-truths and guides you through the aisles of the grocery store to help you simplify smart food shopping. Named a #1 best seller and a hot new release on Amazon, Food Truths from Farm to Table is a book written to turn confusion into clarity. More about this book...
No More Food Fights!
Food fights might seem entertaining, but there’s nothing funny about the fights taking place over food production. Resource limitations, animal welfare and biotechnology are just a few issues cropping up to create confusion in the grocery store. Ultimately, both farmers and food buyers are making a personal choice, and author Michele Payn calls for decorum instead of mayhem in the conversation around farm and food in this two-sided book. More about No More Food Fights!...
Social Media: Social Conversations around Farm & Food
- Social Media Tips & Tricks: Michele's favorite articles with tips to help you advance your social conversation around food and farming, agriculture and nutrition.
- Farming Your Online Community Workshop: Interactive hands on training for farmers, agribusinesses, ranchers and agvocates.
- Farms & Rural America, Food & Agriculture: This Pinterest board is a tribute to farmers, rural lifestyle, those working in agriculture and people with an interest in any of those. Choice in food rocks - just like choice in how we farm rocks.
This library has Michele's published and private selection of food, farm, fuel and fiber articles to help you bolster your agricultural advocacy activity, grow connections through new media and build food literacy. You're welcome to use them in a publication, as long as full attribution and link to this site is provided.
Connect with Michele today!
Contact Michele to learn more about her speaking, training, livestreaming, or consulting. Let her create something unique for your meeting.